Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Catching Up

Well, the last two weeks have been busy. School holidays for us in New South Wales. My three children didn't whine too much that they were bored. Only, every other hour, not every half hour as usual. I took the youngest two and their friends to the movies to see Madagascar. It was ok.
I do wish though that Harry Potter had been released two weeks earlier than it was, as it kept my son quiet for three days until he finished it. It was released at the end of the holidays here. Bad timing. He'd nearly finished when he started back at school and came home that afternoon very annoyed, as someone told him the ending. Not a happy camper. :o)

During the school holidays I did manage to achieve some writing. At the moment I'm writing the first draft of my English saga, and as always a lot of time is taken up with research, which I enjoy so it's no hardship on my account.

Besides writing on that, I have been tinkering with my modern story, but I'm not sure where that's going at the moment and I need to concentrate on the conflict more. Urgh! :o)

I'm still waiting on editor responses from both Pan Macmillan (yes I sent to them again, not sure why...) and Woodfield Publishing.
I'm hoping it won't be too long before I receive either an acceptance or a rejection from them.
I'm also hoping it won't be too much longer before my short story is published. I'll post more news when I get it.

There, I think that's everything up to date.

until next time, take care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,

Found your blog and I'm enjoying it. Love everything about Australia, especially the actor David Wenham!

I'm also a writer and have a book coming out next year from Wings. We also saw Madagascar. My son loved the music more than anything else!

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi!

Gabriele Campbell said...

She has something about David Wenham? *drool*

*goes off searching*

(I found the blog only a few days ago, lol.)

Anonymous said...

Gabriele - don't get me started on David Wenham! I adore him and my husband realizes he has to share me these days. Ever since I first saw his handsome face in The Return of the King, it was LOVE at first site!

Anyway, I love Australia!

Gabriele Campbell said...

Lol, we could join up and drool together - and ponder as which male heroes we'd cast him should our books ever made it on the screen. *grin*

AnneMarie Brear said...

Hi Josie and Gabriele!

Thanks for posting.

I first saw David Wenham years ago before he made it big. He starred in an Aussie show called, Seachange. He was really good in it, and from there he went on to do movies.

Take care.
Anne.

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!