Monday, July 27, 2015

Wedding Diary: The Big Day!

Well the big day has been here and gone and one word describes it = Fabulous!!
Every second from the moment I woke up (after hardly any sleep) until 2 o'clock the next morning, I loved it!
It felt like the day flew by in 10 minutes, and I know I didn't get the chance to speak to everyone who attended, but I'm sure they understood how difficult it is to spread yourself around when everything seems to be happening so fast.

The night before the wedding, my bridesmaids and friends came over to spend the evening and night with me, we had a hot tub hired, lots of wine and even a chocolate fountain! We had a true girly night and it was brilliant.
Then in the morning, we woke and had breakfast and before we knew it the hairdresser and make up artist was knocking on the door. My mother in law and sister in law and niece in law arrived as well, and the house was full of laughter and a few happy tears as we spent the morning hours drinking champagne, opening gifts and getting primped and pampered. My husband to be sent me flowers and had gifts for me to open, beautiful Pandora charms especially made.
Before we knew it, it was time for us all to get our gorgeous dresses on. My dress was definitely a struggle to get on without it touching my carefully arranged hair and veil and could only be achieved with the help of my ladies.

The wedding car turned up at the house, a vintage Rolls Royce in blue and silver, and in we piled. Nerves had started to tingle in my stomach by now and I was feeling a little sick by the time we arrived at the venue.
However, once there I stopped feeling sick and instead started to shake with nerves. After a few photos, the music began and it was time. My husband-to-be looked so gorgeous in his suit as he stood there waiting for me. My nerves left me about half way through the service and from then on I could relax and enjoy the moment of it.
Everything went perfectly throughout the whole wedding from start to finish. The food was perfect, the speeches funny and spoken in good fun, all the guest were eager to embrace the loving atmosphere of the day and celebrate with us the most wonderful occasion that was our wedding day.
We all laughed, danced, shed happy tears, ate and drank and generally just had the best time. I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

My husband and I would like to say a big thank you to everyone involved in creating a fabulous day for us, all our family and friends, and also the businesses we used. I've listed some of them below.

The venue http://www.grangepark.com/
Wedding decor https://www.facebook.com/OccasionsByLeigh?fref=ts
The car hire http://www.arriveinstyleonline.com/
Cake https://www.facebook.com/treats.heaven?fref=ts






No comments:

Coming Soon!

  Whispers of Spring released August 22 nd 2024! https://mybook.to/WhispersofSpring   sequel to The Winter Widow When all is lost, th...