Saturday, April 24, 2010

In For a Penny by Rose Lerner


In For a Penny by Rose Lerner is a book I won at Vonnie Hughes blog competition. When the book arrived, a historical romance set in 1819 England, I was a little dubious because I don't read historical romances filled with lord and ladies usually. I much prefer grittier historical women's fiction. So I started reading wondering how I'd go. I shouldn't have worried. Rose Lerner has written a very different historical romance. This book managed to show the true side of those times by highlighting the poor who worked on the country estate and the riots of that era. Therefore the story was deeper, more real life and thoroughly likeable and more to my taste. Very enjoyable  


Good characters, wonderful period details and the author has done her research. I reccommend this book for those wanting something a little different.

No comments:

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!