Life can be exhausting at times.
I'm slowly getting back into the swing of sitting at the keyboard, trying to concentrate on writing, promoting, etc again.
My Dad has been in hospital for three weeks, fighting for his life for the most part of it. An operation to replace blocked arteries soon turned into a choatic week in ICU when he was struck down the very next day after the operation by a stroke and a heart attack.
I'm pleased to say that he is slowly recovering, though weak in his left side, he's able to speak and know's what's happening around him. We're hoping he'll be released from hospital for Christmas, but Dad's illness has created changes in all our lives. He will no longer live on his own and will now stay with my middle sister, Linda. Dad's house and belongings are being sorted, which also includes my Mum's things too. It's such an emotional journey to take - sorting through personal belongings of your parents, especially when one has been gone for 2 years.
Mum left me her collection of Royal Doulton plates bought from England, which mean so much to me. I've also been going through all the photos Mum saved over the years, so many memories are in those albums.
So, anyway, after a few weeks of not been in the best shape to concentrate on my writing, I'm now hoping to pick up where I left off and finish two short stories and continue working on my new historical novel, Woodland Daughter.
Oh, and of course I have to finish the Christmas shopping, but I'm just not in the mood this year. I'm trying to find the Christmas spirit but it's proving a little elusive at the moment. I need to listen to Bing Crosby's White Christmas cd, even though I'm sweltering in 36 degree heat as I type!
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.....
- Kitty McKenzie - Victorian saga
- Kitty McKenzie's Land - Victorian saga
- To Gain What's Lost - Victorian Saga
- Broken Hero - WWII romance
- Catrina's Return - Victorian saga
- Aurora's Pride - Victorian Saga
- Eden's Conflict - Victorian Saga
- Nicola's Virtue - Australian historical
- Isabelle's Choice - Victorian Saga
- Where Rainbows End - Historical novel
- Where Dragonflies Hover - split era
- Grace's Courage - Victorian Saga
- Hooked on You, contemporary novel.
- Long Distance Love, contemporary novel
- Art of Desire - short story
- A New Dawn - a Titanic short story
- What He Taught Her - Sexy Short Story
- About Me
- My Bucket List