Thursday, May 25, 2017

Special Guest Author: Fran Thomas


Hello from Florida! And thank you, AnneMarie for inviting me to spend some time on your blog.
Although I have been writing for most of my life, I only began writing fiction last year. Well, that is not strictly true. I began fiction over and over again. It was last year that I finally got past the dreaded middle and actually finished not one but two short pieces of romantic fiction.
At one time, I was the editor of the newspaper of the small, rural island in the Gulf of Mexico on which I live. I set my stories in a similar town but gleefully modify people and places to suit myself.
The first book of my Calusa Town Tales is The Lady Is a Mayor. The mayor of my made-up town of Calusa disappears one night, taking the town’s bank account with him. The first young woman to serve on the town’s council takes over as interim mayor and tries her best to keep the town afloat. When a property developer from Pittsburgh arrives with plans to build a hotel, she thinks her worries are over. The quirky citizens of Calusa have other ideas—and are not shy about sharing them. 
Not to give too much away, but the second book, Southern Hospitality, is set at the hotel. A new manager comes to town determined to use this job as a stepping stone to bigger career success. Conventioneers, a celebrity on the lam, and the Weather Channel keep throwing curve balls at her, but in spite of herself she becomes part of the fabric of the Calusa community.
I’m hard at work on book three. Keep an eye out for Island Dream in September.

Amazon buy links:
The Lady Is a Mayor 

Southern Hospitality


No comments:

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!