Sunday, April 30, 2017

WWI Photos: Life on Gallipoli

As I edit the first draft of my new novel, which is set in WWI and is about a group of young men who enlist in the army, plus Tilly, the sister, cousin and friend left to run the cattle station at home, I thought I would share some photos which help inspire me to get the story written.
As I research deeper into WWI, and have my 'boys' go to Gallipoli, I learned so much about what those men endured. Gallipoli created the ANZAC spirit, the spirit of Australia.
I hope I have captured that same spirit in my book.







I have nothing but respect for those gallant men (and the woman who went as nurses) who fought for our freedom.
They are all heroes.

No comments:

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!