Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Turkish Delight

I'm back home again in England after our holiday in Turkey.
It was a holiday of the kind I've never had before. I will be honest to say that Turkey has never been high on my list of places to visit, but we (my fiance and I) had the opportunity to share a beautiful villa with friends and so we took it.
And I am so glad we did.
We had two weeks of fun, laughter, sunshine and experiences.
Turkey, more importantly, Dalyan where we stayed, was lovely, and the people friendly.
We explored the town on bikes, ate at local restaurants, shopped at the markets and learned how the people lived.
Having our own private villa was like a home away from home, only a little bit more glamorous as we don't have a pool in England! LOL

We swam in the Aegean Sea. So clear and beautiful.

The boat we hired for two separate trips. The captain/owner, Ali, was a very friendly and generous man who gave us free reign of his boat to do as we liked, including jumping off the roof into the water!

Hand feeding fish

Ancient rock tombs


The pool at the villa just as the sun is coming up. I took this picture on our last morning. We were sorry to leave.

I can't wait to go back and enjoy it all again. Oh, and the Turkish Delight was yummy!


2 comments:

Lynette said...

Sounds like you had a great time, Anne! Lovely pics too. I'm taking a leave of absence from FB for a while in case you're wondering. Enjoying going back to doing all the things I used to do before it, like reading other people's blogs lol. I've never been to Turkey but you've made it sound very tempting! xx

Unknown said...


Excellent weblog right here! Additionally your site quite a bit up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink in your host? I want my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol…
Terrific quality publish. I adore simply how much inforamtion one can have from your world wide web. And with regards to producing money and running a blog, you have some good content on right here.
Cardsharing Server

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!