Monday, August 23, 2010

The Tenko Club by Elizabeth Noble.

The Friendship TestThe Friendship Test by Elizabeth Noble


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was the first Elizabeth Noble book that I have read, and I did enjoy it.


I read the English version, which has the title of The Tenko Club, which makes more sense as the four friends in the book call themselves the Tenko Club after the UK 1980s TV show which is about the women in Singapore who were taken prisoners by the Japanese. (I actually have the series on DVD) In the USA the book is titled The Friendship Test.



Anyway, I didn't give this book five stars because of a couple reasons - one the beginning of the book has some confusing character point of view switches. It isn't always clear who is saying what. However, they did get better from the middle to the end of the book.

Another thing which kind of annoyed me was that the book is about four women and their friendship, but really the book is mainly about one of those women, Freddie, with a side bit on Reagan.

Freddie and her problems/life takes up the majority of the storyline and while that was a good story, I think the author robbed us of delving deeper into Reagan's problems and how she was going to be once the book finishes.


The best characters was Tamsin, in my opinion, and also Matthew, but of Sarah we got nothing much at all.

As I said, I enjoyed it, but it could have been a bit better.


Still, despite all that I will read another Elizabeth Noble book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!