Monday, August 02, 2010

Sophie's Secret by Susanna Kearsley

Sophia's SecretSophia's Secret by Susanna Kearsley


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Any book that makes me cry instantly becomes an all time favourite and bookshelf keeper!

I loved this book!

Susanna Kearsley is an author to be admired. The way she wove the two stories in one was so very good, I didn't want this book to end.

Two heroines, two heroes, the present, the past (1708), genealogy, great characters, rich details and a true sense of her surroundings makes this book a very worthy read.

When you've read this book, and sighed happily at the ending, go then to visit Susanna's website and see the pictures relating to this book and you'll feel like you've been in that part of Scotland before, and you have, within the book.

This is the second book by Susanna Kearsley I've read and the other, Mariana, was a long time ago, but it's still a favourite on my shelves. I'm so pleased that SK has given me another book to treasure.

If you enjoyed Lady Of Hay by Barbara Erskine, you'll enjoy this book too.

Hurry, go read it!

View all my reviews >>


In the USA Sophia's Secret is titled The Winter Sea and has a dfifferent cover.

1 comment:

Marg said...

YES! I think I have probably made it clear how much I loved this book so I am glad to see that you did too.r

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!