Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Speaking Engagement

This morning I took part in my first speaking engagement arranged by my local library.

I was very nervous but the people there were extremely kind and friendly which helped me considerably and they put on a lovely morning tea, though sadly I was too nervous to eat any of it.

I spoke in the Henrietta Rose room in the Town Hall which is in front of our local library (pictured).


I talked about my journey to publication, starting with a bit about how I first came to read historical fiction and my life in England in the 80s when I lived in an old farmhouse complete with Victorian labourers cottages.
I then spoke about my struggle to become published, to find an agent, to believe that my stories were good enough to be published, rejections and the perseverance to keep going, etc.

At the end, the audience asked questions and afterwards I was able to chat with people who thanked me for sharing my story.
I really enjoyed myself and want to say a huge thank you to Shirley and the ladies at the library for the opportunity.

No comments:

Coming Soon!

  Whispers of Spring released August 22 nd 2024! https://mybook.to/WhispersofSpring   sequel to The Winter Widow When all is lost, th...