Saturday, October 20, 2007

Vintage Stars of Hollywood


What a shame is it to hear that British actress Deborah Kerr has died recently.

Deborah Kerr makes me think of my late mother not in looks, but because I grew up watching great movies (usually in black and white) with my mum - she was a bit of a movie buff, and loved the great actors (John Wayne her favourite) and actresses of the 30s, 40s & 50s. Deborah Kerr was one of them.

Who can forgot Ms Kerr in An Affiar To Remember, From Here To Eternity and The King and I?

I find it hard to admire modern day actresses in the same way as those from the golden age of Hollywood. The women of those times always looked graceful and had dignity. I'd like to see more of that.
My favourite actress is Maureen O'Hara, another golden era actress. A few months ago I bought the dvd How Green Was My Valley, one of my favourite movies.
Rest in peace, Ms Kerr and thank you for the memories.

No comments:

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!