Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Parent's Pride

Of course I'm proud of my children, even though at times they drive me up the wall like all children do to their parents. However, recently my family received some great news concerning our eldest son, Jack. He was voted in as Senior Boy School Captain for 2008!

Until a few months ago, this acheievement was something I didn't expect one of my children to do, but I have to say how happy, delighted and very proud we are of him in acheiving this huge accomplishment.

He'll be 17 in 3 months, I don't know where the time goes, but soon he'll be starting his last year of school and then be thrust out into the big bad world to make his own way, only first he'll have a special year as being school captain. This mother is very happy, as it also lets me and my husband know that we haven't done a bad job in raising him so far.

He has plans to finish school and go to England for a summer to play cricket, tour and spend time with my brother's family. I know he'll do it all and do it well. (however, if he doesn't clean up his room, he just may not see the next year out!)

1 comment:

~Karen said...

My oldest son just turned 17. It is so cool watching them turn into men. My younger son is only 6 and I try to reimagine the older one at that age and it is just amazing at the changes that occur. I love to hear another parent's joy in their child.

Coming Soon!

  Whispers of Spring released August 22 nd 2024! https://mybook.to/WhispersofSpring   sequel to The Winter Widow When all is lost, th...