Friday, September 01, 2006

It's Spring!!!

Yes, remember I'm at the other end of the world, down the bottom and here it is September 1st -SPRING!

I love Spring, all the blossoms on the trees, daffodils, my birthday, the warmth in the sun.... Beautfiul.

After the sadness of a few days ago, with the anniversary of my Mum's passing and then her birthday, I feel much better today. Yes, it has something to do with the beautiful day outside but also I feel I've turned a corner in my life. Lord, that's rather deep, isn't it?

Let me explain.

September is the month of my first ever book in print. Kitty McKenzie.

It seems like I've been waiting forever for this time in my life. Words cannot express how I feel. I'm overjoyed to finally be able to 'see and hold' my book. My book! I'm also daunted by the fact that the rest of the world, should they want to, can now see and hold my book too.

I adore my ebooks truly, but to finally hold my print book after 9 years of writing and all the worries and stress that goes with it, is to me, simply magical.
It changes my life because now I can SHOW people what I've achieved. I can show evidence that my writing isn't some little hobby, it's me. Writing my books is me, what I do, who I am.

I never set out to write novels to become a millionaire, which is a good thing really. I set out to write the stories of my heart and I've done it.
Of course I hope I can continue to do it until I'm a hundred years old...

No comments:

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!