Sophia's Secret by Susanna Kearsley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Any book that makes me cry instantly becomes an all time favourite and bookshelf keeper!
I loved this book!
Susanna Kearsley is an author to be admired. The way she wove the two stories in one was so very good, I didn't want this book to end.
Two heroines, two heroes, the present, the past (1708), genealogy, great characters, rich details and a true sense of her surroundings makes this book a very worthy read.
When you've read this book, and sighed happily at the ending, go then to visit Susanna's website and see the pictures relating to this book and you'll feel like you've been in that part of Scotland before, and you have, within the book.
This is the second book by Susanna Kearsley I've read and the other, Mariana, was a long time ago, but it's still a favourite on my shelves. I'm so pleased that SK has given me another book to treasure.
If you enjoyed Lady Of Hay by Barbara Erskine, you'll enjoy this book too.
Hurry, go read it!
View all my reviews >>
In the USA Sophia's Secret is titled The Winter Sea and has a dfifferent cover.
- Kitty McKenzie - Victorian saga
- Kitty McKenzie's Land - Victorian saga
- To Gain What's Lost - Victorian Saga
- Broken Hero - WWII romance
- Catrina's Return - Victorian saga
- Aurora's Pride - Victorian Saga
- Eden's Conflict - Victorian Saga
- Nicola's Virtue - Australian historical
- Isabelle's Choice - Victorian Saga
- Where Rainbows End - Historical novel
- Where Dragonflies Hover - split era
- Grace's Courage - Victorian Saga
- Hooked on You, contemporary novel.
- Long Distance Love, contemporary novel
- Art of Desire - short story
- A New Dawn - a Titanic short story
- What He Taught Her - Sexy Short Story
- About Me
- My Bucket List