Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Bark Cutters by Nicole Alexander

I read this book in two days. I liked how the author split the story into two - 1980s and 1860s. I believe this is the authors debut fiction book and she has done a great job on creating a very real and engaging story, or I should say two stories.


The feel and vibe of outback Australia is clearly drawn, the characters both modern and historical deal with everyday issues which affect us all.

The writing is smooth, the descriptions defined and the emotions well felt. The flow between both stories is nicely done.

I highly urge people who enjoy family drama stories to read this one.

2 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Sounds like a great book, Anne - I must check it out. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

Excellent read anyone who likes a rollicking saga cant go past this bk.

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!