I tell you, this business is so unique. Hot on the heels of all the excitement of acquiring an agent and getting a sale, I'm now doubting my ability big time! :o)
Why does this happen?
I sat editing Her Shadowed Heart last night and just went blank with, not fear, well perhaps it was, but something certainly happened. I looked at my novel and became a nervous wreck that I wouldn't be able to deliver another novel to anyone ever again.
In the past, I've once or twice got... not writer's block, but I've stalled in writing a novel. That feeling never lasted long, a few days or so and then I MAKE myself write through the cloud. Only last night it was a different feeling - one of inadequacy. I panicked that my new agent would hate everything I sent to him from now on. (I hope all this is a normal reaction)
I do get annoyed with myself for doubting my ability to produce a good story readers will enjoy, but I'm sure I'll get over it, I generally do! :o)
Ok, back to editing. I think I'll feel better once I've finished editing and then I can start writing new work. I really need to finish writing A Noble Place.
Have a good weekend.~
- Kitty McKenzie - Victorian saga
- Kitty McKenzie's Land - Victorian saga
- To Gain What's Lost - Victorian Saga
- Broken Hero - WWII romance
- Where Rainbows End - Historical novel
- Where Dragonflies Hover - split era
- Catrina's Return - Victorian saga
- Aurora's Pride - Victorian Saga
- Eden's Conflict - Victorian Saga
- Isabelle's Choice - Victorian Saga
- Nicola's Virtue - Australian historical
- Grace's Courage - Victorian Saga
- Hooked on You, contemporary novel.
- Long Distance Love, contemporary novel
- Art of Desire - short story
- A New Dawn - a Titanic short story
- What He Taught Her - Sexy Short Story
- About Me
- My Bucket List