Did I spell nigh right above?
Anyway, despite all attempts I haven't managed to write a single word since my last post. Oh, the shame!
Life has a habit of getting in the way of my writing time.
Today is the first anniversary of my darling mum's death. So, this morning my husband and I went to put flowers on her grave, which is very colourful due to dad's hard work, and my sisters' help. The mini garden on the grave would please Mum very much as she always loved her garden.
So, back to writing, or should I say lack of!
My current saga needs to be finished this week - I hope. My other wips are needing my attention and I am eager to work on something else now.
A Noble Place - Australian colonial saga - was started years ago and I would really like to get that finished. Unfinished work always sits at the back of my mind like a sullen child waiting for either a hug or to be sent to their room. :o)
Then there is Replenish The Hope - another colonial saga - that I think will be challenging because the plot is based loosely on real facts mainly governesses sent over from England on schemes, which in the end isn't all they are made out to be. Most governesses arrived in Sydney to no work, despite being told there was plenty to be had. Sometimes, their employment meant going out into the bush in the middle of nowhere to work for a station owner and they could be the only woman for miles and miles around.
My story concerns the women who after they have left or finished their time with one employer, find they don't have another job to go to and, sadly, find themselves selling their bodies in order to live. A percentage of women from the governess scheme either became prostitutes, married the widowed employer or wrote home to England for a family member to send money out for a ticket back home. However, this in itself proved a problem because most governesses had to pay back money the scheme lent them to travel out in the first place.
So, it's all very interesting and needs lots of research. I can't wait to sink my teeth into that one, too.
- Kitty McKenzie - Victorian saga
- Kitty McKenzie's Land - Victorian saga
- To Gain What's Lost - Victorian Saga
- Broken Hero - WWII romance
- Catrina's Return - Victorian saga
- Aurora's Pride - Victorian Saga
- Eden's Conflict - Victorian Saga
- Nicola's Virtue - Australian historical
- Isabelle's Choice - Victorian Saga
- Where Rainbows End - Historical novel
- Where Dragonflies Hover - split era
- Grace's Courage - Victorian Saga
- Hooked on You, contemporary novel.
- Long Distance Love, contemporary novel
- Art of Desire - short story
- A New Dawn - a Titanic short story
- What He Taught Her - Sexy Short Story
- About Me
- My Bucket List