A year or two ago I was one of those people who didn't understand ereaders. I never thought I would be happy reading on an ereader after spending my life buying books. I grew up in a bookstore, so to speak, because my mother owned one for years. My first job at 10 was working in a bookstore.
But when the Kindle became popular it caught my interest, then a fellow author, Maggi Andersen, showed me her new kindle and how easy it was to use and buy books on, that I thought I should give it ago, though I still had misgivings about spending that much money on a reading device!
Anyway I bought my kindle in January and adored it from the moment I opened the box.
I love the ease of using it, but more importantly I love the 'sample' function. It has to make the Kindle one of the most money-saving things I have bought.
By using the sample function, I have found so many new authors, whose books I've at first sampled and then ended up buying. But it has also allowed me to test some unknown authors as well, and if I didn't like the sample, I've not bought the book and saved myself money! This wouldn't have been possible without the sample option.
Here are some authors I've found by reading their samples on Kindle:
Gemini N. Sasson
Oh, and a lot of old classics are available for free on Kindle, which is really good.
I've read quite a few historical biographies for free, too.
I now take for granted the possibility of having several books available to read whenever I turn my Kindle on. I like the freedom of being able to have many books at my fingertips to choose from. I also can search Amazon for more if I'm in a Wi-Fi area. Bliss!
Do be prepared though to spend a lot of time searching Amazon for books, a healthy pastime really, there are worse things to do, like shopping for toasters, or going to the dentist, scrubbing the toilet...
For more information on Amazon's Kindle:
Amazon.com (USA) Note: Kindles can be bought on other Amazon sites too.
- Kitty McKenzie - Victorian saga
- Kitty McKenzie's Land - Victorian saga
- To Gain What's Lost - Victorian Saga
- Broken Hero - WWII romance
- Where Rainbows End - Historical novel
- Where Dragonflies Hover - split era
- Catrina's Return - Victorian saga
- Aurora's Pride - Victorian Saga
- Isabelle's Choice - Victorian Saga
- Hooked on You, contemporary novel.
- What He Taught Her - Short Story
- Long Distance Love, contemporary novel
- Art of Desire - short story
- A New Dawn - short story
- Eden's Conflict - Victorian Saga
- Nicola's Virtue - Australian historical
- Grace's Courage - Victorian Saga
- About Me
- My Bucket List