I watched the UK series of Who Do You Think You Are? and watched the new Aussie series last night, which I thoroughly enjoyed, being a genealogist too.
After watching it, I started writing up my family tree in ancestry.co.uk. I'd traced my husband's family years ago, (good convict stock you see) but not my own, which is all Yorkshire miners, and which I presumed would be a little dull. :o)
However, a distant cousin contacted me out of the blue a few months ago and sent me information. She told me about a great+ aunt, Elizabeth Gay, who had an illegitimate baby in 1859 and was disowned from the family. She ended up in the workhouse and the baby died there aged 3, Elizabeth then disappeared. All very fascinating stuff!
I'm keen to research the Gay side of the family. I've seen old records of the Gay family in the English Civil War in Gloucestershire, and that's where my great great grandad came from, but apparently the original Gay, came from France and was, 'de Gay'.
It makes a change to have family outside of Yorkshire, LOL
How I will find time to trace this new information as well as write and edit I don't know, but I'll give it a go!
- Kitty McKenzie - Victorian saga
- Kitty McKenzie's Land - Victorian saga
- To Gain What's Lost - Victorian Saga
- Broken Hero - WWII romance
- Where Rainbows End - Historical novel
- Where Dragonflies Hover - split era
- Catrina's Return - Victorian saga
- Aurora's Pride - Victorian Saga
- Eden's Conflict - Victorian Saga
- Isabelle's Choice - Victorian Saga
- Nicola's Virtue - Australian historical
- Grace's Courage - Victorian Saga
- Hooked on You, contemporary novel.
- Long Distance Love, contemporary novel
- Art of Desire - short story
- A New Dawn - a Titanic short story
- What He Taught Her - Sexy Short Story
- About Me
- My Bucket List