Despite having hubby and children home, going out for a family BBQ, housework and shopping, I managed to write over 3000 words over the weekend!
I'm nearly half way through Dinner For Two. I can't say it's been easy writing my first contemporary novel. I'm stressing too much over the required guidelines and trying to keep it light. But, I do like the story and characters, which obviously is a good thing. :o)
I'm hoping that the more modern stories I write the better I get at it. After 8 years of writing historical fiction the change has been challenging but also refreshing.
I received a letter from the M & B London office last Thursday, saying they've received my partial submission and it's under review. They issued me with a reference number and everything. :o) At first I thought the letter was a rejection slip and to find that it wasn't gave me a scare. LOL I honestly think I would have a heart attack if they requested the full. It's not that I don't believe in the story, I do, very much, but the whole Harlequin world is 'The Big League' and I don't know if I could pull it off.
Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself, as likely there'll be a rejection letter in the mail this week. I haven't built up any hopes of success because this is my first submission to M & B and my luck is such that I never have it easy. :o)
Still, it's all about learning and enjoying what you do and I certainly am doing that. :o)
- Kitty McKenzie - Victorian saga
- Kitty McKenzie's Land - Victorian saga
- To Gain What's Lost - Victorian Saga
- Broken Hero - WWII romance
- Catrina's Return - Victorian saga
- Aurora's Pride - Victorian Saga
- Eden's Conflict - Victorian Saga
- Nicola's Virtue - Australian historical
- Isabelle's Choice - Victorian Saga
- Where Rainbows End - Historical novel
- Where Dragonflies Hover - split era
- Grace's Courage - Victorian Saga
- Hooked on You, contemporary novel.
- Long Distance Love, contemporary novel
- Art of Desire - short story
- A New Dawn - a Titanic short story
- What He Taught Her - Sexy Short Story
- About Me
- My Bucket List