Monday, September 26, 2005

Productive Weekend

Despite having hubby and children home, going out for a family BBQ, housework and shopping, I managed to write over 3000 words over the weekend!

I'm nearly half way through Dinner For Two. I can't say it's been easy writing my first contemporary novel. I'm stressing too much over the required guidelines and trying to keep it light. But, I do like the story and characters, which obviously is a good thing. :o)

I'm hoping that the more modern stories I write the better I get at it. After 8 years of writing historical fiction the change has been challenging but also refreshing.

I received a letter from the M & B London office last Thursday, saying they've received my partial submission and it's under review. They issued me with a reference number and everything. :o) At first I thought the letter was a rejection slip and to find that it wasn't gave me a scare. LOL I honestly think I would have a heart attack if they requested the full. It's not that I don't believe in the story, I do, very much, but the whole Harlequin world is 'The Big League' and I don't know if I could pull it off.

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself, as likely there'll be a rejection letter in the mail this week. I haven't built up any hopes of success because this is my first submission to M & B and my luck is such that I never have it easy. :o)

Still, it's all about learning and enjoying what you do and I certainly am doing that. :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Little did you suspect there was such an abundance of energy to be had! Please have a look at my site about natural energy drinks... There's more to natural energy drinks than you probably figured!

Alex Bordessa said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Now visit my wonderful site at ... Just joking - not spam :-)