Monday, September 26, 2005

Productive Weekend

Despite having hubby and children home, going out for a family BBQ, housework and shopping, I managed to write over 3000 words over the weekend!

I'm nearly half way through Dinner For Two. I can't say it's been easy writing my first contemporary novel. I'm stressing too much over the required guidelines and trying to keep it light. But, I do like the story and characters, which obviously is a good thing. :o)

I'm hoping that the more modern stories I write the better I get at it. After 8 years of writing historical fiction the change has been challenging but also refreshing.

I received a letter from the M & B London office last Thursday, saying they've received my partial submission and it's under review. They issued me with a reference number and everything. :o) At first I thought the letter was a rejection slip and to find that it wasn't gave me a scare. LOL I honestly think I would have a heart attack if they requested the full. It's not that I don't believe in the story, I do, very much, but the whole Harlequin world is 'The Big League' and I don't know if I could pull it off.

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself, as likely there'll be a rejection letter in the mail this week. I haven't built up any hopes of success because this is my first submission to M & B and my luck is such that I never have it easy. :o)

Still, it's all about learning and enjoying what you do and I certainly am doing that. :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alex Bordessa said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Now visit my wonderful site at ... Just joking - not spam :-)

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!