Friday, January 06, 2017

Guest Author: Victoria Cornwall

Please welcome my fellow author, Victoria Cornwall to my blog.

Thank you for having me as a guest on your blog. It is always good to meet another writer of historical romance. Of course, you have written many books whereas my debut novel with Choc Lit, The Thief’s Daughter, has only just been released. 


I have always wanted to write, but foremost I am an avid reader, particularly of historical romantic fiction. I love the ebb and flow of a relationship as it develops between the two main characters and the different external and internal forces which fuels the conflict that keeps them apart. However, I must admit that I kept my passion for romantic fiction a secret for many years as no one I knew appeared to read it. This seemed rather strange to me, after all many people want a little romance in their lives and an easy way to find it would be to read romantic fiction.

The act of falling in love or trying to sustain or rekindle a relationship, still holds our interest. The majority of movies, theatre productions and musicals have romantic threads running through them. Finding “the one” still ranks high on the goals many people hope to achieve in life. We have all felt attracted to someone or fallen in love, even if it was just a teenage crush for a pop star. So the experience of falling in love has touched all our lives in one way or another, yet, in my opinion, the genre which reflects the experience is not given the credit it deserves. Why is this? Perhaps I, as a secret reader of romantic fiction, am partly to blame.  I did not share my hobby, offer recommendations, or leave my books on display for visitors to see. In my small way I did give the genre the credit it deserves. These days I am more open about my love for the genre and as a result I have discovered that I am not the only one.

Now, as a writer, I am on the other side and I have tried to write a novel that I would like to read. The ebb and flow of a relationship developing was a very important element, as you would expect, but I also wanted the drama, tension and adventure worthy of any other adult fiction. I enjoyed writing it and hope readers will take pleasure in it too. If they recommend it and share it with their friends, I will know that I have done my job well.

Buy links:




Twitter: @VickieCornwall




3 comments:

Anita Davison said...

This novel looks really interesting, I went over to read the prologue and when I saw it was 1759 even more so. And who doesn't like a bit of romance set in one of the most romantic of counties?

Kate R. said...

I've been lucky enough to read some of Victoria's previous work and if this book is anything like those it will be a roller-coaster of a read! It's next in my TBR pile (and I may even abandon the current book to bring it to the top!)

Victoria Cornwall said...

Hello Anita, thank you for your interest in The Thief's Daughter! If you go ahead and download it, I do hope you enjoy it. :)

Su, another great book is The Forgotten Promise by Kate Ryder. It won the "Chill with a Book" Award. ;)

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!