Thursday, March 26, 2015

Mexico holiday, a dream come true.

Last year I won a holiday to Mexico through Hello! magazine. It was hard to believe that it was actually true as I'd never won a holiday before. It wasn't until we arrived and my name was spoken by the concierge at the front desk that it really sunk it that I'd won a 7 night holiday to Mexico!

The 5 star, (actually 5.4 stars) resort we stayed at is called Dreams Riviera Resort & Spa, 20 mins taxi ride from Cancun airport.  We were given warm towels and champagne on arrival and from the moment we got there I thought it was wonderful. I've never stayed in such a resort before, nor had the chance to have an all-inclusive holiday.
I've heard tales before about all inclusive holidays where the food is not great, and you have limited times to go eat, etc, but we found the complete opposite at this resort.
The food at the 7 restaurants, for all the meals, were brilliant. We couldn't fault the food, the drinks, the room, or the service. The Mexican people at the resort were friendly and smiling and always made sure you were well looked after.

The sun shone and we swam and ate and drank and for 7 days and nights I had my fiance all to myself and it was bliss. I just wish it had been for longer.


Dinner for two


The lobby


The view from the lobby towards the beach.


The beach in front of the resort, complete with a bar that has swings!


No comments:

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!