Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Wedding Diary: Part Two

So another week has gone by and I'm still pinching myself that I'm getting married to a wonderful man next year!

Last Friday we went out for celebratory drinks with friends and we were so touched to find they'd put up a banner and had champagne on ice to surprise us when we arrived. We had a great night celebrating our engagement with dear friends.

On Saturday, me with a sore head, my fiance and I did some more wedding shopping, which turned out to be very easy. We went into a shop that hires suits, and although I had thought black, because it goes with any colour, as soon as we saw a particular silver/grey suit, we both thought it was exactly right. So with the waistcoats and cravats in the matching blue of the bridesmaids' dresses, the men of the bridal party will look a handsome bunch.

Next we just happened to walk by the same jewellers where my engagement ring was bought from and we popped inside the shop to look at their wedding rings. My fiance was after a platinum ring, where as I wanted gold to match my engagement ring. We were lucky to find exactly what we wanted again.

So, so far so good with all our planning. I'm still a little overwhelmed by everything that has happened. I've usually got the worst luck, but suddenly I feel very lucky to have such an amazing man who loves me as much as I love him, and we are surrounded by beautiful family and friends, which I am so very grateful for.

And to top off a great week, I found out I had won a trip! One week in Mexico! I couldn't be more surprised or excited!




No comments:

Coming Soon!

  Whispers of Spring released August 22 nd 2024! https://mybook.to/WhispersofSpring   sequel to The Winter Widow When all is lost, th...