Yesterday, Monday August 3rd, was an exciting day for the Whitfield family. Our eldest son Jack passed his driving test. He was rather cool and calm about it, while I had butterflies and the shakes. :o)
It worries me that I have to do this another twice more when Josh and Ellie start learning to to drive in a couple of years.
I have been working on my latest manuscript, the synopsis is written, although they are such a pain to do. I will soon be sending the first three chapters out to agents and hopefully I'll find an agent who is willing to have a partnership with me again. I miss having an agent, that other person to be in your corner, watching your back.
A writing colleague, Sandi Rog, has started a new blog to help new writers with learning the craft of fiction writing. If your writing is in need of some help visit Sandi's blog. http://thebookdoctorbd.blogspot.com/
Currently reading Katie Fforde's The Wedding Season, which I'm enjoying, and just finished Sea Dust by Margaret Muir, but I'll post about those later.
Aside from those two wonderful authors, I am very privileged to be able to read wonderful stories written by new upcoming writers from my critique group, who, as yet, haven't found a publisher, but hopefully it'll only be a matter of time. When I say it is a privilege I really do mean it. We are given such trust to help and guide as each writer, myself included, does their best to produce a manuscript of dazzling brilliance. Plus the friendships aren't half bad either!
- Kitty McKenzie - Victorian saga
- Kitty McKenzie's Land - Victorian saga
- To Gain What's Lost - Victorian Saga
- Broken Hero - WWII romance
- Where Rainbows End - Historical novel
- Where Dragonflies Hover - split era
- Catrina's Return - Victorian saga
- Aurora's Pride - Victorian Saga
- Isabelle's Choice - Victorian Saga
- Hooked on You, contemporary novel.
- What He Taught Her - Short Story
- Long Distance Love, contemporary novel
- Art of Desire - short story
- A New Dawn - short story
- Eden's Conflict - Victorian Saga
- Nicola's Virtue - Australian historical
- Grace's Courage - Victorian Saga
- About Me
- My Bucket List