Lately my time between working, the kids being on end of term holidays and getting my eldest son ready for his first overseas trip means I've not had a lot of time to write, but I have managed to do some, more than I expected really, and I'm pleased this new story is going rather well considering all the current distractions.
One of those distractions is genealogy. Now don't call me an anorak, LOL, because its a misconception that all genealogist are old people or losers with no life. I am the perfect example of the new generation in their 30s and 40s who are delving into the past to learn about how they got to be where they are.
My journey and been exciting and frustrating and it isn't finished yet, and no I haven't found a noble bloodline linking me to Elizabeth I sadly. However, I did print out my family tree that I've compiled so far, all 30 pages of it, which I painstakingly taped together on the floor to show the full tree in all its blue and pink glory (denoting sexes). I've only managed to go back as far as 1750s on both my dad and mum's sides, mainly due to their Irish history where no records exists, but as I taped the pages yesterday and then stood back to admire the efforts of my ancestors filling the floor space of my sitting room, I was pretty chuffed at the results.
Even when my second son Josh's (14yrs) friend asked, "What's your Mum doing?" and Josh replied, "Family tree stuff. She's bored." and they both went off to play some game on the Playstation, even then I was still smiling at my achievements!
Now back to writing my current story!
- Kitty McKenzie - Victorian saga
- Kitty McKenzie's Land - Victorian saga
- To Gain What's Lost - Victorian Saga
- Broken Hero - WWII romance
- Catrina's Return - Victorian saga
- Aurora's Pride - Victorian Saga
- Eden's Conflict - Victorian Saga
- Nicola's Virtue - Australian historical
- Isabelle's Choice - Victorian Saga
- Where Rainbows End - Historical novel
- Where Dragonflies Hover - split era
- Grace's Courage - Victorian Saga
- Hooked on You, contemporary novel.
- Long Distance Love, contemporary novel
- Art of Desire - short story
- A New Dawn - a Titanic short story
- What He Taught Her - Sexy Short Story
- About Me
- My Bucket List