This month celebrates the one year anniversary of Kitty McKenzie! Woohoo!
My Victorian historical mainstream, Kitty McKenzieis set in the beautiful city York, Yorkshire England, 1864.
This story and its sequel, Kitty McKenzie's Land is one of my favourite stories. The characters came alive for me straight away and demanded to be heard.Writing Kitty's journey was emotional and very satisfying.
By the end of the two books, I felt as though I had a best friend. She is someone who will stay with me forever.
1864 Suddenly left as the head of the family, Kitty McKenzie must find her inner strength to keep her family together against the odds. Evicted from their resplendent home in the fashionable part of York after her parents’ deaths, Kitty must fight the legacy of bankruptcy and homelessness to secure a home for her and her siblings.
Through sheer willpower and determination she grabs opportunities with both hands from working on a clothes and rag stall in the market to creating a teashop for the wealthy. Her road to happiness is fraught with obstacles of hardship and despair, but she refuses to let her dream of a better life for her family die and she learns that love and loyalty brings its own reward.
Kitty McKenzie is available in paperback.
Order the paperback from all Amazon.com websites
Barnes & Noble
The Book Depository (free delivery worldwide)
Kitty McKenzie is a strong woman who has to struggle and triumph over many adversities in Anne Whitfield's historical saga. A powerful tale of heartbreak, pain and survival, Kitty McKenzie is a spellbinding tale reminiscent of the novels of Catherine Cookson and Barbara Taylor Bradford's A Woman of Substance.
Reviewed by Julie at Ecataromance.com
A fresh voice, Australia's Anne Whitfield brings life to this tale of a woman's perseverance, of her discovering she is stronger than she ever knew. It's a gentle story of woman's struggle to keep life at bay, while holding true to her brothers and sisters. The writing is sharp, and pulls the reader into the story, makes them care. Obviously, there will be another book dealing with Kitty's journey to Australia. I eagerly look forward to it and more from this talented writer.DeborahAnne MacGillivray - author of A Restless Knight.- Kensington Books The Invasion of Falgannon Isle November 2006 Dorchester
Thanks for sharing this special occasion with me.
- Kitty McKenzie - Victorian saga
- Kitty McKenzie's Land - Victorian saga
- To Gain What's Lost - Victorian Saga
- Broken Hero - WWII romance
- Where Rainbows End - Historical novel
- Where Dragonflies Hover - split era
- Catrina's Return - Victorian saga
- Aurora's Pride - Victorian Saga
- Eden's Conflict - Victorian Saga
- Isabelle's Choice - Victorian Saga
- Nicola's Virtue - Australian historical
- Grace's Courage - Victorian Saga
- Hooked on You, contemporary novel.
- Long Distance Love, contemporary novel
- Art of Desire - short story
- A New Dawn - a Titanic short story
- What He Taught Her - Sexy Short Story
- About Me
- My Bucket List