Sunday, June 17, 2007

How long is lunch?


Well when you're meeting up with net friends that you've emailed for a long time but have never met them before in the flesh, then lunch can be extremely long!

Here is a picture of three of my critique partners, Anita Davison, Jennie Pittam and Rosemary Morris. (in order - sitting next from me on the far left)

We met up for lunch in Soho, London while I was holidaying in England.

It is not always easy to spend time with people who understand the business of being a writer, so when you get writers together we tend to talk shop, and talk and talk and talk!

It was a wonderful time we spent together - six and a half hours of it! My poor husband was suffering a broken toe and so he had to sit and listen to us go on and on and couldn't escape. Bless him he was a saint.

I'm so pleased we had the chance to meet and to put faces to names. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you ladies for sharing your time with me. xxx

2 comments:

Jennifer Pittam said...

Hello Anne! Lovely to see you (and me) on your blogspot. Best wishes, Jennie

Anita Davison said...

Hi Anne, lovely to see you, and me too - I think, how come you used the photo that I wasn't ready for?
It was a great lunch and I thoroughly enjoyed talking to you all. As you say, such a tuned-in group doesn't happen often and it was lovely.

Best Seller!

  So happy to see The Winter Widow a best seller in Amazon Australia Kindle!