I've been naughty and haven't been editing Kitty McKenzie's Land and instead been re-writing/editing my very first historical, Dreams Of Yesterday. So, don't tell my editor!
Dreams actually needed cutting in length before I could happily sumbit it for publication. At 116 000 words it needed a hair cut and face lift - the full make-over so to speak.
This story is special to me because it was my first, and you always remember your first, right? :o)
I began yesterday and am enjoying it. I've already cut it down to 98k, and it didn't hurt a bit, which is excellent! :o)
The story, written so long ago and edited so many times, now is nothing like its old self. After this new edit, I hope it'll be tighter, more focused and a better read. I know it will be! LOL
In honour of the re-write/edit, I've also given it a new title.
Her Shadowed Heart.
Don't you just love that title? I do. It came to me and I just knew it was right. :o)
Best get back to it...
- Kitty McKenzie - Victorian saga
- Kitty McKenzie's Land - Victorian saga
- To Gain What's Lost - Victorian Saga
- Broken Hero - WWII romance
- Catrina's Return - Victorian saga
- Aurora's Pride - Victorian Saga
- Eden's Conflict - Victorian Saga
- Nicola's Virtue - Australian historical
- Isabelle's Choice - Victorian Saga
- Where Rainbows End - Historical novel
- Where Dragonflies Hover - split era
- Grace's Courage - Victorian Saga
- Hooked on You, contemporary novel.
- Long Distance Love, contemporary novel
- Art of Desire - short story
- A New Dawn - a Titanic short story
- What He Taught Her - Sexy Short Story
- About Me
- My Bucket List